Tuesday, September 05, 2006

4 the one who can grow a new tongue

Tale of me, the fold maiden:

the kisses are nose bleeds.
I rent that terrace image,
his.
Or I cast his laugh away--
a hundred year stone
of sunny,

sign the seasons of we
with lips, some sheets, the slip of a bloodied star.

Where are you my darling?
Watching me from your cave bush as I launder the bees too cobbled for the castle's keep.

I miss your songs, the decoration of rose plates. The lovely coast of your frown. The sky is flat again and the vines are done with their slow green crawl.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

I like this -- lots of imagery that bounces around.

2:24 PM  
Blogger S.L. Corsua said...

This has been one memorable stop in the course of my trip through poetry blogs. Loved this piece; reminds me of the potency of ee cummings's poetry. ^_^

Such longing is communicated by your lines here (particularly those of the last stanza). It makes me want to sigh with much wistfulness. ^_^ Thank you for sharing.

Cheers.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Carmenisacat said...

Who would think that a line:

Where are you my darling?

That rocks a nose bleed or two.

Damn fine.

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home